It’s November and officially holiday season!!
This month’s flower reminds me of my childhood because of this book:
I can’t tell you how many times I had my mom read this to me. I even had the doll, or stuffed mouse, to go along with it. It became one of my favorite flowers (mostly because it was one of the few I was able to identify.. ).
I’m still pretty partial to this flower. I just love how beautiful it is and what it stands for–
- Etymology: The name “chrysanthemum” is derived from the Greek words chrysos (gold) and anthemon (flower).
- Symbolizes optimism and joy
- 13th wedding anniversary flower
- Official flower of Chicago
- Celebrated in Japan with “Festival of Happiness” each year
Aren’t they gorgeous?!
Such a good way to bring cheer during the holidays!